Sunday, January 22, 2012

5k Sim account

I started this project months ago, and am now reviving it. The idea is simple, start with 5k and see how much I can work that up into in a few months. This is totally simulation trading/market replay, but every trade is taken seriously, I'm not gambling or placing impulsive trades. I'm taking this as seriously as real money, I think a decent futures trader can make at least 2 points a day, if they have a decent win rate and place several trades a day, in my opinion, more trades is better, however that's a tricky topic and depends on the person and his experience, some day's I trade 10-15 times, just depends..


Definitions..
--------------

A point = 4 ticks
A tick = $12.50
(6E Market)
Commissions = $5.00 per round turn (made up figure, but in reality its usually lower)

Results so far..

Total trades = 17

Wins = 6
Losses = 11
B/E = 0

P&L = -1.25pts / -$62.50
Commissions = -$85.00
Total P&L = -$147.50

Account Value = $4,852.5

Note - the results so far are across 2 days of trading data, and so far I think the results are ok, not terrific, but not horrible, in the past 17 trades could have me down -$800.00 or more, but I cut losses faster now and believe me it is the right move to make, if you can't take a loss and cut it at the stop point you are burning money.

No comments:

Post a Comment