Friday, September 23, 2011

Hello!

I am a "futures trader", I buy and sell electronic contracts which if you think about it don't even really exist, it's a game of speculation, you can never be certain on which direction the market will go, but you don't need to be 100% certain of anything (more on that later). It's my dream job mostly coz I don't have to listen/speak to anyone while I'm doing it, I can be alone. Completely alone with my own thoughts. It's challenging, sometimes frustrating, and if you aren't serious the market will crush your soul, and grind you into tiny bits, but profitability is not impossible, and I believe anyone who applies enough effort will be successful. I use a few different strategies, and am constantly looking for new ideas and ways to read charts and take money from the market. I don't know who you are or who will read this blog, but I suppose my intended audience is beginners / intermediate traders, and curious bystanders. Of course anyone is welcome to read and comment. I would like to say it doesn't matter if anyone reads this or not, but part of why I'm writing is coz I think I can offer some good advice to anyone who frustrated / just starting out, I've learned quite a bit over the years, but am still not a master, so always do your own research and test ideas thoroughly before trying anything with real money. The other reason I'm writing this blog is for myself, it will serve as a journal, and allow me to look back and track my progress, also I'm hoping it will help motivate me coz others will be watching (hopefully)


If you don't wanna read the above dribble ^^^.. maybe some music would be better..


2 comments:

  1. Could you change background to all black? the mixture of the current background is pretty hard on eye. Well thought out loud blog, congrats on your first blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey my first comment! I thought the colors might be a problem, yeah I think I'll change it then if its going to bother readers, I'll probably experiment with white/gray/black etc.. this blog is still in its infancy, so it will be awhile till it's totally complete. I'd eventually like to post videos to this blog of me sim/live trading with commentary, but I'll need to get some software and mic first.

    ReplyDelete