Saturday, October 29, 2011

Scalping

Just finished a brief 3 hour scalping session. Scalping is another way I like to trade, there's lots of action and you can make a ton of money in a short amount of time if you know what your doing, but it's a difficult style to master. More trades = more decisions, and more decisions = greater chance mistakes will be made, especially since you have less time to think and the information changes quickly. Scalping is definitely not a style beginners should try with real money, you need to work on your skill first. Infact that's exactly what I'm doing right now, I'm working on my skill in simulation mode people, it may not be as exciting as real money, but you need to build a foundation before you go nutts and take on the trading world. I believe this is how it's done people, practice, think about what's happening, review each session, get your hands dirty, and stop looking for handouts. Below is a chart that is a nice overview of all 6 of my trades from todays session, however I was using a different chart to select my entries. Today I ended up down -$50.00, I'll try talking more about losing sessions/losing trades since everyone else on the internet is just promoting there systems and winning trades, real trading involves ups and downs, get used to the variance, control your emotions, follow your rules, and construct a viable plan that gives you a real edge and you will win.


No comments:

Post a Comment