Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Required Reading



Hullo there, I've been thinking of what to post, and I recently re-read "Trading In The Zone", by Mark Douglas. I thought it would be a good idea to start reviewing books that I've read, this is one of them. It's a good trading book and I highly recommend it to anyone with motivation problems. The book doesn't deal with technical analysis or any specific techniques for making real time trades, but psychology is something I feel is neglected by the majority. I see trading videos on youtube titles "money making secrets", and "automated/no-risk trading system", or whatever getting all the attention. It seems to me that most people are trying to get rich quick without putting any effort in, I think rather than buying an automated system, learn to trade yourself. In the past I have argued on such videos, and on random threads across the internet with random strangers (something I no longer do), people say things like "you think you can watch something better than your computer"! Well the problem with auto systems is that computers cannot think, they just buy/sell when a bunch of criteria is met, but context in the market is very important, so is structure and pattern formations. Anyway so the reason I recommend this book is coz learning to trade for yourself is what I believe in, and a big part of that is psychology, being properly motivated and believing the work your doing will lead someplace is very important. Furthermore you need to learn to master your fear over the market, in the past my losses have been so large, so consistent I would lay in my bed doing nothing for days, or just watching TV, anything but look at a chart, coz I thought the market would crush me again. Fear can really screw with your head, don't underestimate it, there are other problems people can have too besides fear, and this book addresses many of them and ways to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment