Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Kung fu

My winning ways have continued throughout each new session I plow my way across. Some rough statistics are, on my last 29 trades I'm up around 12 points or $600.00 across 5 days of data, this means for at least 1 week of trading data I have achieved my goal. Showing profits after a single trading day used to be quite difficult, but I've suspected for awhile that being more conservative and cutting out all of the whimsical on the spot trading would leave me with a higher win rate and thus profitability. Sort of the goal of my blog, if there is a goal, is to show that through discipline and a consistent work ethic profits can be made. Some of you will spend years trying to beat this game, and most of you will fail, sad but true. The market is a meat grinder of death and it will grind up a lot of you. Think about it, the market is filled with people who have better computers, knowledge, connections, technology, experience, and the ones who have survived the long haul have become fucking ninjas, the only way to survive is to learn excellent kung fu yourself, or avoid them by disguising yourself as a tree and robbing the newbies wandering down the road.

A recent session






2 comments:

  1. More conservative, is that code for more discretion? : )

    Congrats on the trading success, your post reminded me of some of my own views of the market. The theory being, if most traders fail, a winning trader needs to be doing the exact opposite of their trading habits/mistakes. I believe the 1st bad habit is over-trading, the ability to trade less and wait for the high probability trades is a great start to many good trading habits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, lets hope I can keep this up!

    ReplyDelete