Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Roller coaster

This session was up, down, up, down, down, down, DOWN HORRIBLY, and back up up.. totally nutts. I took 29 trades, tons of scalps, and ended up basically flat. After commissions of course I would be down quite a bit. I was fortunate to catch several big winners, which is what saved me, however I made some terrible judgment early on and missed 3 good trades that could have earned me +$400.00, after that I was a bit emotional and think I over-traded and mismanaged some of my trades, still for 29 round turns I'd say my overall performance wasn't bad.

Results for this session
-------------------------

7 hours of data traded
29 trades
9 wins
20 losses!!
$700 gross profit
$750 gross loss
-$50.00 net

I need to tighten up my criteria slightly, stay focused and catch ALL the big winners, and manage my scalps a bit better so that I capture 3-4 ticks more consistently and tread water while I'm searching for the big winners. Easier said than done, but I feel my skill is improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment